Tuesday 27 August 2013

My "standard" ride today, just a round trip to Alresford via the university road. Entirely uneventful, except for a small childish incident that someone of my age should really be beyond.

It was nothing really, I was just steadily starting the long drag up Boundary Road when I was passed by another cyclist. Nothing unusual about this, except for two very minor points. Firstly, the chap who passed me, out of the saddle for maximum effort, made no attempt to acknowledge me as he passed, no "hello" or even a nod of the head. Secondly, I wouldn't have minded so much, but he was riding a Bianchi, in fact an identical Bianchi to my own. I would have thought that some sort of celeste brotherhood may have brought forth some communication, but no.

So, I couldn't resist it. A bit of extra effort, and I sped past him on the steepest part of the climb without getting out of the saddle, on my way to my best time up the hill. I felt better for that, even though he was probably a very nice man and entirely oblivious to my irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment